Tuesday, August 11, 2009

O Absalom!

“O Lord My God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the worlds Thy hands have made. I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, Thy power throughout the universe displayed. Then sings my soul, my savior God to Thee, How Great Thou art.” - Hymnal

The story of David running from his son Absalom, the beautiful man who plotted the death of his father. He returned to the land of Saul and was cursed by the former king’s offspring, but David said, “It may be that the Lord will look on mine affliction, and that the Lord will requite me good for his cursing this day,” –Samuel 2, 16-12. No great exaltation comes without some kind of humiliation. I’ve been driving around Oregon humbled by God’s beauty: golden Wheatfields, snow peaked mountains, alpine meadows, and wide blue skies dotted with clouds. How beautiful is God’s world, but how more saving is His grace. (see wheatfield pics on flickr account to right)

No comments:

Post a Comment