Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Lauren Kinu!

Little Lauren Kinu turned two years old this Monday on December 7th, surely a day that will live in infamy. Lately Kinu has just been blossoming by singing songs from school, although the translation of which is usually done by her sisters who say, "Wow, Kinu is speaking Chinese," and just continuing to laugh her way through life.
Her birthday was celebrated on Sunday afternoon, which is sort of a Hartenstein tradition. There was cake with blueberries and lots of presents. Her favortie was this stuffed Hello Kitty.
The day before I took the girls to the park to run around and kick soccer balls and take pictures of all the funny Taiwanese people. Kinu loves to lag behind and just watch all the comings and goings of people. She points at kites, likes to follow ants in the grass, and thinks chewing on straws is terribly silly.
I never thought I would be this fortunate to have children, and often I feel like it is me having the birthday as I watch them grow a year older. Everyone marks time in their own way, but over the last few years my life has become more about them than myself, and that has been wonderful. I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. She's adorable, H! How the heck is she 2 already tho? The years are just going by faster and faster...
    Anyhow, this is my regular reminder to check your email. haha
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts! :) Especially when you put pictures of your adorable daughters! I'm glad you're doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, Taiwanese people arn't crazy!
    But Americans do. Duh~

    ReplyDelete