Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I SOUND MY BARBARIC YAWP OVER THE ROOFTOPS OF THE WORLD!

“To be a sailor of the world, bound for all ports.” -Whitman

The following pictures were taken on the corner of the Nusa Dua village market at 3:15 in the afternoon in rapid succession just before Hartenstein channeled his inner Walt Whitman.

“Oh, to live to be the ruler of life, not a slave.” -Whitman
“O to make the most jubilant poems!” -Whitman
“O to be on the sea! The wind, the wide waters around.” -Whitman
“O the joy of my spirit! It is uncaged! It darts like lightning!” -Whitman
“To dance, clap hands, exalt, shout, skip, roll, float on." -Whitman
“To mount the scaffolds. To advance to the muzzle of guns with perfect nonchalance.” -Whitman
“It is not enough to have this globe – I will have thousands of globes, and all times.” -Whitman
“O to struggle against great odds to meet enemies undaunted.” -Whitman

Just remember, that while you are sitting here reading this, going through your daily chores, walking through your life, that I am a madman. A lunatic. I am a deranged beast standing on street corners screaming poetry at the top of my lungs. Screaming for everything. Every person who ever betrayed me, every lie I ever believed, every stupid rule I followed, every regret I never made. Screaming for all of it. Then holding my breath, waiting to hear for your scream too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, how I miss you. Keep a look out for my agonizing cries, for this world is backwards, sideways and twisted.

    ReplyDelete