Wednesday, September 21, 2011

An Invitation to Magic

"If you are a dreamer, come in..." -Silverstein

I wanted to take a moment and write to all the important people in my life who have written to me while we've been on the road these past few weeks.
"If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar. A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer..."
-Silverstein

There have been so many of you, every day numerous emails and little thoughts sent. People taking time out of their life to reach out to me, to extend a wish or safe travel, even people I haven't talked to in years.


"If you are a pretender, come sit by my fire. For we have some flax golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in!" -Silverstein

I can't tell you how much that means to me, that you would continually look for me, to send me your thoughts. It is humbling and I feel very fortunate to have such good friends.
"Sandra's seen a leprechaun, Eddie touched a troll..." -Silverstein

I want you to know that you make me believe in the world, in the goodness of people, in the potential that we all have. I feel that from you, and it gives me great hope and strength.
"Laurie danced with witches once, Charlie found goblin's gold." -Silverstein

I know that I have been very blessed, things could have worked out very differently for me. But they didn't. For some reason, they didn't. And now I have something I owe, something I have to give back. And I will.
"Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf..." -Silverstein

You are a part of that too. You are an inspiration to me, even though, you probably don't think you are.
"But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself." -Silverstein



So thank you again, knowing you are all out there in the world, makes me believe that anything is possible. Please follow along for further adventures as we continue writing and living, working and teaching, in Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment