Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to All!

Well, we made it, home for Christmas! Gone are the breathing tubes and iv hoses, poking nurses, and callous doctors.
Gone is the hospital smell, the baby crying down at the end of the hall, the uncomfortable chairs, the harsh flourescent lights, and the stinky guest cafeteria at 2 a.m.
Gone are the shots and needles, the nurses twisting iv bags to make the fluid flush into Xian's veins faster so they can leave...
Doctors stepping into our hospital room and cringing because they have to use English, using my 8 year old as a translater instead.
And what has been replaced...? Why Christmas of course! Thank God, it's Christmas!
Never in my life have I needed ornaments and stockings, blinking lights and tinsel like I did this year.
I know around the world people are celebrating peace and goodwill, kids are tracking Santa on GPS, and soldiers are laying down their guns, I hope... for at least one day. Families are gathering and mothers are cooking, and at least for one day, here in Asia, students are given a nationalized test. But for me, in my little family, huddled in this room and around computer screens cheering into skype images... we're just so full of joy that Xian is healthy and able to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, Brian! It's great to see Xian smiling. Happy girl back from the hospital.

    -Glyn

    ReplyDelete