Saturday, May 19, 2012

Rebekah Wins City Wide Speech Contest 2012


Last night she was in tears... she didn't want to do it.  She curled up on the bed and just cried in my arms.


I played with her... I bounced her on my knees and made up funny songs... I danced around the room being silly... we'd practiced this speech for six months... six months!  She'd already been through two tough speech rounds... I just wanted her to do her best... I knew she would.


Her voice cracked... she choked back a tear at the beginning... and then settled down... and nailed it!  Just like we'd practiced.  Just like her big sister Xian two years before... just like we were jumping around on the living room floor... Rebekah won first place!
Thank you to all the teachers, parents, judges... everybody involved.  And Thank you, Rebekah.  YOU did it.  I'm so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment