Friday, June 22, 2012

The Saddest Day of the Year



Graduation today began with students assembling outside their classrooms.  The mood was very festive, students could feel a celebration was at hand.



Taiwan changed it's national exam system this year, giving students only one chance to score well on the test instead of a couple of times.  Yes, it was a little bit more stressful, but after the test was finished, most students just relaxed and enjoyed themselves.   It made for a different end to the usual school year.



These pictures are dedicated to my favorite students.  The ones that stood by me, inspired me, encouraged me, listened to me, and did what I asked.



The ones that made me laugh, that told me jokes, that asked questions, that tried their best.



The ones that I believe in and the ones that seek me out.



Even the shy ones with the secret talents...and the silly ones.  I feel like I know these kids very well.



And yet I don't.  I've always said that graduation day is the saddest day of the year.  That you spend all this time with kids helping to foster this brilliant idea in them, and in the end... they leave you behind.



But it's always been that way... and always will.



So good luck, my dear friends.  Be happy. Follow your heart.



We had such fun together, didn't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment