Sunday, July 1, 2012

Batting Cage Beatdown


Hit the batting cages at Tiger Game Hall on Saturday night with Chris and Paul.  Just a couple of teachers celebrating the way old men should... by swinging for the fences.  (The man pictured above is your quintessential Asian beer and softball league player... if they had a softball league)


Hammer'n Hank and Shoeless Joe


Shot some pool too.  Tiger wasn't very crowded that night and nobody gave us any trouble. In fact, everyone was very cool.


It's been a long year and it was good to get together one last time.


Of course, this being the batting cages... I'm not going down without a fight.  I tore the cover off the ball, smacking some serious line drives as I moved up from the 70 to 80 to 90 mph.


At the last cage, the machine had no timing mechanism and so you could never see when it the ball was coming.  You'd put your quarter in and then... wondered where the fastball was and then suddenly hear a "Thud" as it rocketed past you into the netting. Stupid me, I crossed home plate thinking the machine was broken and took a 90 mph fast ball right to the back of the thigh.
It hurt!
But I thought, awww.... it's nothing... let's keep playing.
I woke up this morning with a perfect black, blue, and purple KNOT on the back of my impossibly sore leg.  How perfect.  I was going to take a picture of it so you could all laugh at me, but it's pretty high up the back of my leg... and that's kind of creepy... but man.... taking that beat down and coming back for more was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment