Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dear Reader: September 22, 2012

First of all, I just wanted to say Thank You to all those who have written me recently asking if I am okay.  Yes, I know you’ve seen the reports of the US Embassy burning in Yemen and the four killed at the consulate in Benghazi, and also the widespread violent religious protests in Cairo.  Although I am close to these places and feel a mounting tension here, be rest assured that I am safe.  There have only been minor scares, children throwing rocks and a couple of armed guards trying to board our bus, but for the most part it’s been stress free.  Even the camels agree.

Due to current contractual obligations with my employer who monitors websites and censorship issues of the country I am residing, I am unable to fully write about the people I have spoken to or things I have seen here.   Therefore, an endless parade of blogs on AWESOME ENGLAND and the FORTHCOMING BORENO TRAVEL STORIES!  It was a fun packed summer, like most of you had, and I'm still re-living it.

I hope you will continue checking in to see how the adventure is going.  I plan a full report when I am able.  I wish you all the absolute best!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you're safe and don't go native on us. I want to see your desert pictures. Be careful.

    -glyn

    ReplyDelete