Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Beatles Rock Liverpool's Own... The Cavern Club

“Little child, little child, won’t you come dance with me?  I’m so sad and lonely, baby take a chance with me.”  -Little Child, The Beatles

Running around Liverpool in the rain walking in the footsteps of John, Paul, George, and Ringo...well, that's a pretty cool day, indeed.
“Will you still need me?  Will you still feed me?  When I’m sixty-four?”  -Sixty Four, The Beatles

This place is magic!  You can feel the music still bouncing off the walls.
"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on across the universe.”  -Across the Universe, The Beatles

And yeah... I know it's not the original place, but... as the song says, Yeah!  Yeah!  Yeah!
“Doesn't have a point of view, knows not where he is going to, isn’t he a bit like you and me?” –Nowhere Man, The Beatles

Looking at the old pictures, traveling out to Penny Lane and the Strawberry Fields Gate is a cool way to spend the day.
“Pools of sorrow, waves of joy, are drifting through my open mind possessing and caressing me.”  -Across the Universe, The Beatles

I think about all those early Liverpool kids who saw The Beatles play and loved them and wanted to keep the secret just for themselves.
“Let me tell you how it may be, there’s one for you nineteen for me.”  -Taxman,  The Beatles

I love things like that, how you want to hold something that isn't meant for you alone but for the world to share.
“Life is very short and there’s no time for fussing and fighting, my friend.”  -We Can Work It Out, The Beatles

Still, you think of it as your friend, as if it was made just for you.
“Life goes on within you and without you.”  -Within You, Without You, The Beatles

The best books and songs are like that... you read, you listen, and think it was written just with your problems in mind.  The best friends in life are like that too.  We all feel that belonging.  Don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment