Sunday, January 13, 2013

Calvin and Hobbes Have Left the Building

Calvin:  "Bad news Dad.  Your polls are way down."
Dad:  "My polls?"
Calvin:  "You rate especially low among tigers and six year old white males."  -Bill Waterson

- Kimhae International Airport, Busan:  This Calvin and Hobbes was in the China Post Daily.  I tore it out and carried it around in my pocket for a few days while running around Korea.
Calvin:  "The world bores you when you're cool."  -Bill Waterson

-Nampodong, Busan.  Under the Christmas Lights at Pusan International Film Festival:  Rebekah having a blast despire the frozen night.  Yes, she's riding a brass monkey.
Calvin:  "I can't tell if that's funny or really, really scary."  -Bill Waterson

-Chagalchi Fish Market, Busan:  We had a great time in Korea, visiting family and checking in and out of reality for a while.
Calvin:  "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help."  -Bill Waterson

-Bexco Play Area, Haeundae, Busan:  But all good things must come to an end and now it's time to head back and finish the semester.  It will be Chinese New Year before you know it.
Calvin:  "They say the world's a stage.  But obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is adlibbing his lines."
Hobbes:  "Maybe that's why it's hard to tell if we're living a tragedy or a farce."
Calvin:  "We need more special effects and dance numbers."  -Bill Waterson

-Bexco, Haeundae:  Besides... I'm totally wiped out.
Calvin:  "It's a magical world, Hobbes. ol' buddy... let's go exploring."  -Bill Waterson

-Naktong River, Kalag Town, Busan:  I need to get home, get my feet up, relax a little.  This chasing around kid thing has got me tuckered out.  Anyoung Keyse-yo!  Han Gook!

No comments:

Post a Comment