Monday, July 8, 2013

hartensteinabroad ep. 65 "The Ghats of Varanasi"



Hi Everyone,
Thanks for reading and I hope you like the next installment of hartensteinabroad.  This episode is unique because it takes place in the mind blowing city of Varanasi, India, along the magical ghats of the Ganges, where bathers come every morning to dip in the river of life.  For me personally, the trip to India, which was taken in the spring of 2010, was meaningful for many reasons, but at that time, I never thought of putting movies on youtube.  I really didn't understand taking pictures then or how to capture the amazing sites and sounds on video just yet, so this was really my first experience.  People ask me all the time what's my favorite city, and there are different answers for different days, but if I could return to any city to experience it again, it would be Varanasi.  I hope anyone reading this would take that as sage advice, get a backpack, and set out for one of the true souls of India.

No comments:

Post a Comment