Wednesday, November 6, 2013

“A Perfect Day” Camping at Trillium Lake, Mt. Hood

“Just a perfect day… drank Sangria in the park…”  -as sung by Lou Reed in my head

Packed up the girls and drove up to Mt. Hood for some awesome camping with my buddy Steve and his daughter.
“And then later, when it gets dark, we go home…”  -as sung by Lou Reed in my head

So much of this vacation trip home to Oregon is about doing and trying new things...calculated things like how to fall a tree or what berries to pick or how to build a proper camp fire.
“Just a perfect day, feed animals in the zoo…”  -as sung by Lou Reed in my head

Walking through nature with binoculars, a field guide, and map...
“Then later, a movie too, and then home…”  -as sung by Lou Reed in my head

Identifying flowers and trees... birds and fish..
“It’s just a perfect day, I’m glad I spent it with you…”  -as sung by Lou Reed in my head

Stepping out into nature and soaking in all of its splendor and majesty.
“You keep me hanging on…”  -as sung by Lou Reed in my head

We're having the time of our life!
“Problems all left alone, weekenders on our own, it’s such fun…”  -as sung by Lou Reed in my head

Down by Trillium Lake, we skipped stones and looked at Evergreens and saw Rainbow Trout and caught salamanders and followed a trail of deer tracks into the trees...
“You’re going to reap just what you sow”  -as sung by Lou Reed in my head

What more do you want on a perfect Friday afternoon in the Oregon Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment