Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Returning to Puddleby on the Marsh


 One of the GREAT things about traveling to America was Grammy's Library, an actual room in the big old Colton house with a fireplace and comfy sofa and shelves and shelves of books... it's like a time machine straight back to my childhood.  Reading these old books with my daughters, I couldn't help but share them with you too.
 "Doctor Dolittle lived in a little town in England called Puddleby on the Marsh..."  What a wonderful beginning to a book!
 Here the good Doctor checks out Gub-Gub the pig...
 Then he and Polynesia the Parrot battle wits with headhunting island savages...
 Escaping on the monkey bridge...what?  Man, I love this book...and I love Grammy's Library.  Now my daughters do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment