Saturday, January 18, 2014

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

“The loveliness of Paris seems somehow sadly gay…”

Welcome to San Francisco... the City by the Bay has everything.  The Golden Gate!
“The glory that was Rome is of another day…”

Cable Cars!  (Where the Wild Things Are.)
“I’ve been terribly alone and forgotten in Manhattan…”

Old Men in Chinatown playing the Erhu!  (Audience of pigeons on a Chinese bakery stoop)
“I’m going home to my city by the Bay…”

Famous Writers:  London, Stevenson, Hammett, Ferlinghetti, Ginsberg, Bukowski, Kesey, Thompson, Tan, Eggers...and of course, our old buddy Jack.
“I left my heart in San Francisco…”

Inescapable Landmarks!
“High on a hill, it calls to me…”

Zig-Zaggy Streets!  (What's up, Lombard?)
“To be where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars…”

Dirty Hippies!  (Haight & Ashbury)
“The morning fog may chill the air, I don’t care…”

Sweet Diners!  (American Graffiti, Yeah)
“My love waits there in San Francisco…”

Lovely Weirdos on Fisherman's Warf!
“Above the blue and windy sea…”

Cute Street Urchin!  (Yes, that's Kinu napping on a Newspaper Stand in the sun)
“When I come home to you, San Francisco…”

Funny Looking Buildings!  
“Your golden sun will shine for me…”

Awesome Hotels & City Streets!  Time to ditch the bags and go exploring...where shall we go first?

No comments:

Post a Comment