Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ibsen's a Tree "Doll's House"


“You see, there are some people that one loves, and others that perhaps one would rather be with.”  -Ibsen, A Doll’s House

There's this tree out back of my classroom that is begging to be made into the world's greatest tree "school" house.
“I believe that before all else I am a reasonable human being, just as you are- or, at all events, that I must try and become one.”  -Ibsen, A Doll’s House

Everyday I go back there to look at it, dodging the greaser boys smoking in the shadows and the couples necking under the eaves and the giggling boys playing grab ass tag and the sullen girls with weeping guitars and I imagine instead a castle of creativity.
“I must make up my mind which is right- society or I.”  -Ibsen,  A Doll’s House

 Rooms in high branches connected by rope bridges,  spirals, slides and swings, pulleys and trap doors, a tree like this has more character than any thousand people you'll meet today.
“How can I hold you close enough?”  -Ibsen, A Doll’s House

This old behemoth that will outlive me by a million years.  Yes, for whatever reason, I long to make it mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment