Monday, August 11, 2014

Salvador Dali Riding a Rhinoceros at the Mariscco Café

 “I don’t do drugs.  I am drugs!”  -Salvador Dali

Out in Barcelona’s Plaza Reial at the Mariscco Café…
 “An elegant woman is a woman who despises you…and has no hair under her arms.”  -Salvador Dali

Made famous a hundred years ago as the Educational Museum of Natural Science and Taxidermy frequented by Picasso and Miro.
 “What is important is to spread confusion, not eliminate it.”  -Salvador Dali

Once, in 1960, Salvador Dali dissected the head of a bull here while toasting Ava Gardner…
 “The only difference between me and a madman is I’m not mad.”  -Salvador Dali

Later he rode a stuffed baby rhinoceros beneath the palms of the square to the delight of the children.
“Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what is considers to be shackles limiting our vision.”-Salvador Dali

A life sized mannequin of him sits in black coat elevated above the salon.
“There are some days when I think I’m going to die from an overdose of satisfaction.”  -Salvador Dali

He would have loved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment