Saturday, October 31, 2015

Child of the 1970's

 "And sometimes when we touch, the honesty's too much... and I have to close my eyes and hide."  -Dan Hill

(Do yourself a favor.  Youtube 'Dan Hill, 1977'.  Hit the first track.  The best four minutes you spent this week)
 "For  whom am I to judge you, in what you say or do..  I'm only just beginning to see the real you." -Dan Hill

It's funny how you end up a the beginning.  You run in circles through life, wind up right where it all began.
 "At times I understand you, and I know how hard you try... I've watched while love commands you and I've watched love pass you by."  -Dan Hill

Music is a powerful part of that, time traveling with you, an endless loop of memory so powerful and ingrained you can't escape.
 "At times I think we're drifters, still searching for a friend."  -Dan Hill

I felt that today, out on the open sea.  Old man.  Child of these old songs.
"But then the passion flares again."  -Dan Hill

Love is like that too, isn't it?  Hundreds of years adrift...then suddenly ashore.  Washed-up and cleaned, right back at the very start.

No comments:

Post a Comment