Saturday, February 25, 2017

Trail of Tall Tales Redwood Trees of Mystery


Amid the fantastic Redwoods Trees of Mystery roadside park there is an attraction called: The Trail of Tall Tales.
Oh yes... I'm talking chain saw art!  Welcome to total Americana.
My kids and I are not really studying Tall Tales yet, even though they know them extensively.  We're still wrapping up our Pilgrims and Puritans Unit before moving on to Colonial Times...
But I couldn't resist putting these wood block statues here as they are just so masterfully made.
John Henry, Pecos Bill, Slue Foot Sue... all these wonderful American Tall Tale figures.  
The American west is where I was born and raised...
It's so wonderful to stroll through this Trail of Tall Tales and see our Northwest corner of America on display.  This is what this first loop of American travel was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment