Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Pike Street Yankee Doodle

(Pike Street Public Market Clock, Seattle Washington)

"Yankee Doodle went to town
A-Riding on a pony
Stuck a feather in his cap
And called it macaroni."  -Yankee Doodle

From the Space Needle in Seattle we always ride the monorail downtown to see the Public Market.
(The Famous Throwing Fish)

"Father and I went down to Camp
Along with Captain Gooding
There we saw the men and boys
As think as hasty pudding."  -Yankee Doodle

It's better known as Seattle's Pike Street Market.
(Gorgeous Tulip Bundles in Pike Street Market)

"And there we saw a thousand men
As rich as Squire David
And what they wasted every day
I wish it could be save'd."  -Yankee Doodle

We push our way through the crowds and past the colorful vending stalls...
(A Fruit Seller Next to the Famous Starbucks)

"The lassess they eat every day
Would keep a house a winter
They have so much, that I'll be bound
They eat it when they're a mind to."  -Yankee Doodle

Try to avoid lines... I mean, honestly how infamous can one cup of coffee be?
(Downstairs of Pike Market... the Giant Shoe Museum)

"And there I see a swamping gun
Large as a log of maple
Upon a deuced little cart
A load for father's cattle." -Yankee Doodle

We head down into the seedy underbelly overlooking the Puget Sound.
(The Magic Shop, Pike Street Market)

"And every time they shoot it off
It takes a horn of powder
And makes a noise like father's gun
Only a nation louder." -Yankee Doodle

There are so many distractions in life.
(Here's to Seattle)

"Cousin Simon grew so bold
I thought he would have cocked it
It scared me so I shrinked it off
And hung by father's pocket." -Yankee Doodle

Days and faces run together like blurs.
(All the Colors of The World Famous Fish Market)

"I see another snarl of men
A-digging graves they told me
So 'tarnal long, so tarnal deep
They 'tended they should hold me." -Yankee Doodle

That's why it's good to have old standards... places you can just return to and feel like you're stepping into an old warm slipper.
(Who Wants to Throw a Fish?)

"It scared me so, I hooked it off
Nor stopped as I remember
Nor turned about till I got home
Locked up in mother's chamber."  -Yankee Doodle 

Believe me, there's plenty of others things here to keep your attention.




No comments:

Post a Comment